Monday 14 March 2011

Voices

I don't know about you, but I feel like we live in a world where we're constantly bombarded by voices from every side, trying to get us to buy whatever they're selling.

My response is often to try to filter those voices, and in a quest to be an individual who doesn't conform to societal norms (whatever they are) or advertisers' advances, I tend to try and block everything out.

Yet I often worry that this mentality has a really corrosive effect on my ability to listen to things that are really worthwhile, people that are really worthwhile, and that's not the person that I want to be.

I want to offer hope, faith and love to each and every person I come into contact with, and this poem is about my struggle to be more like that.

Maybe you'll be able to relate to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment